Ramayana Tour of Sri Lanka – 6 Nights / 7 Days
Arrival and meet and greet by our representative at the Airport. Proceed to Chilaw and visit Munneswaram Temple. It is believed that Munneswaram is a significant historical place in Sri Lanka and predates the Ramayana. Sinhala, Hindu, and Buddhist devotees worship by this historical temple.
Lord Rama after his victorious battle left for Ajodhya in one of Rawana’s Vimanas. He felt he was being followed by a Brahmaasthi Dosham as he had killed King Rawana who was a Brahmin. Whilist passing over this Chilaw area, Rama noticed that the Brahmaasthi Dosham was not following him. He stops the Vimana at this juncture and asks God Shiva for a remedy. God Shiva blessed Lord Rama and advised installing and praying for four lingams, as the only remedy to get rid of the Dosham.
Proceed to Manavari. Manavari is the first place where Lord Rama installed the Shiva Lingam and prayed after the end of the war with King Ravana. This Lingam is Ramalingam because it was made by Lord Rama. Apart from this, the Lingam in Rameshwaram is the only Lingam in the world which is named after Lord Rama. After visiting these historical places return to Negombo and overnight stay.
After Breakfast proceed to a hotel in Kandy. On the way to Kandy visit a spice garden at Mawanella. Also visit Tooth Relic Temple in the Kandy. The Buddhism’s most sacred relic is the Dalada (the tooth of Buddha) and housing it in the Dalada Maligawa (palace of the tooth), Where the ancient rituals and ceremonies are still perform daily. Evening visits the one and only cultural show in Sri Lanka. This Particular performing program is unique and it is only available in Kandy. Visit several factories including woodcarving. Dinner and Overnight stay at Kandy.
After break fast proceed to Nuwaraeliya. Visit Anjaneear Temple (Hanuman) in Pussellawa (Ramboda) while driving through tea plantations. The Sri Baktha Hanuman temple on this hill of Ramboda where Hanuman was searching for Sitadevi, Chinmaya Mission built this temple with Hanuman as the presiding deity. The image of Lord Hanuman is 16 feet. This particular temple build recently and the area surrounded by beautiful mountains, water falls and landscape.
Also visits the Sitha Amman Kovil (Temple) in Nuwaraeliya. Sitha Eliya Temple is located about 5 km away from the Nuwara Eliya Town. According to legend the temple is believed to mark the spot where Sitha, was held captive by her abductor, King Rawana. Dinner & Overnight stay at Nuwaraeliya.
After breakfast visit the Hakgala Botanical Garden (Asoka Vatika). Thereafter proceed to Welimada and visit Divurumpola temple Divurumpola– means a ‘place of oath. This is the place where Sitadevi underwent “Agni” test. Thereafter proceed to Bandarawela. In the afternoon, visit Ella. Ella is a small mountain near Bandarawela, unique three locations linked to the Ramayana where, local legend dictates, Rawana hid Sitha. Then there is Rawana Ella Falls and a nearby pool bored out of the rock by the gushing waters where Sitha is said to have bathed. Overnight stay Bandarawela.
After breakfast proceed to Colombo via Haputhale. Late evening visit Sri Anjaneear Temple (Hanuman) Kalubowila Dehiwela. Panchamuga Anjaneear Temple which is dedicated to Deity Hanuman. Also this is the only temple in the world to have a chariot for Hanuman. (This journey takes little bit longer than normal other days) Dinner and overnight stay Colombo.
After breakfast proceed visit Kelaniya Temple (Vibishana Temple). This temple premises is a holy place for Buddhist. Buddha’s third visit to this temple was very significant for Sri Lankan Buddhist. Also there is Vibishana temple and it is also famous among Sri Lankan. Also it is believed that Kelaniya is the place from where King Vibishana ruled after being crowned by Laxshmana. Overnight stay Colombo.
After breakfast proceed to Colombo city and shopping tour. Colombo is famous for foreign visitors to do shopping. Garments, porcelain products, handicraft, Ceylon tea etc,
Be at the air port 3 hours before your scheduled flights.
THE PRICES INCLUDE: (Prices valid from 3rd week of January 2011
· Accommodation on HB basis (hotels specified (2/3 star) or similar. Most of the hotels offered International Buffet breakfast and dinner. Vegetarian meals are available throughout the tour. Lunch will serve outside the hotels and will arrange vegetarian meals. Buffet meals are included many varieties of desserts, fruits, fruit juices, sweets, salads, local meals, as well as non vegetarian meals.
· Transportation – Micro van (3-6 pax), Mini Bus (7-12 pax), 33 seat (13-19 pax) 20 and above 40 or 45 seat coach.
· An English speaking chauffeur Guide for 1-6 pax and a National Tourist Guide Lecturer for 7 pax and above.
· Minimum six (06) persons for this tour
· Indian Currency is very difficult to change here in Sri Lanka. Better to have ($) US dollar or (€) Euro. Good exchange rates at the Air port.
Included cultural sites and other attractions
- Anjaneear (Hanuman)Temple – Ramboda
- Tea factory – Ramboda
- Sitha Amman Temple – Nuwaraeliya
- Haggala botanical garden Ashoka Vatika – Haggala
- Ravana water fall – Ella
- Munneswaram Temple – Chilaw
- Divurumpola– means a ‘place of oath’.- Welimada
- Kelaniya Vibeeshana Temple – Kelaniya
- Sri Anjaneear (Hanuman)Temple Dehiwela
- Tooth Relic Temple – Kandy
- Sri Lankan Cultural Show – Kandy
- Spice Garden – Mawanella
- Wood carving factory – Kandy
- Gem Lapidary Factory – Kandy
- Shopping in Kandy and Colombo
- Entrance fees at locations as per itinerary
- Arrival and departure.
- Tea/coffee at Kandy and Colombo
· Camera and video permits
· Expenses of personal nature (telephone calls, laundry etc,)
· Tips and porter (Normally in Sri Lankan Guides, Drivers, hotel staff expect tips from the visitors after a good service. So this is the only industry accept tips in Sri Lanka. Rs 50-100 for bell boys and restaurants staff, end of the tour Rs 500 for tour guide, Rs 300 for Driver and Rs 200 for Bus assistant for their service from a person (visitor) is reasonable tips customs in Sri Lanka. This is not compulsory).
· Air Tickets
· Beverages (Tea, coffee, Soft drinks, Mineral water, liquor, Fruit juices)
· Personal travel and medical insurance
· unutilized accommodation or services will not be refunded
Hotel details will get after conformation of the tour. Because this is the peak season of Sri Lankan tourism and booking has to make after the conformation. At least 4 weeks early booking has to make. So once the tour confirm the full details of the hotels will receive from us.
Other details will discussed after carefully checking the tour plans. We appreciate your suggestions and ideas.
0094 777 706 432 (hotline)
0094 812 478 288 (fax)